Christina is a founding partner and attorney at SK&S Law Group LLP. Leading with a philosophy built on passion, and guided by a personalized approach with purpose, Christina has helped countless companies build, expand, protect, and future-proof their equities.
As a self-made entrepreneur and thought leader within the Colorado legal community, Christina empowers her clients to get the job done. Christina is passionate about helping companies of all sizes—from startups to publicly held companies—transform their business strategy through entity formation, organization, operation, capitalization, financing, and ongoing general corporate support. Christina prides herself on helping clients continually achieve both their short and long term goals.
Christina advises on intellectual property; including copyright, trademark, and trade secret issues. Her experience negotiating, obtaining and commercializing upon intellectual property assets provides a 360-degree view of branding and creative expression that allows her clients to protect and monetize on some of their most valuable assets.
And more than just a Nine-to-Fiver, it’s hard to tell when she sleeps. Christina’s commitment to serving people translates to an extensive resume of volunteering, pro bono, and non-profit work. Christina has served on the Board of Directors at The Gathering Place in Denver, on the Board of Directors of the Colorado IP American Inns of Court, and spends weekends as a volunteer ski patroller at Loveland Ski Area.
Having grown up in Park City, Utah, and a prior D1 Alpine Ski Racer, if you want to meet Christina on the slopes, you’re going to have to try to keep up. In her free time, Christina has a penchant for high alpine adventures - hiking, biking, climbing, camping - and often can be found in search of the perfect powder day somewhere remote in the Colorado Rockies, Wasatch Mountains, or venturing off-piste further away in Japan or South America.
Read more about Christina’s work on her Blog “The Accelerator Law Blog.”
Bates College (B.A., Cum Laude, 2006)
University of Utah – S.J. Quinney College Law (J.D, 2009)
General Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Trademark, Copyright, Employment, Contracts
· Utah (Inactive)
Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015-2019)
ColoradoBiz Magazine - Colorado’s Top 25 Most Influential Young Professionals (2012)
· Colorado Attorney Mentor Program (CAMP) (Mentor)
· Loveland Ski Patrol (Volunteer Patroller)
· Colorado Intellectual Property American Inns of Court (Past Director, Committee Chair, Mentor, Member)
· The Gathering Place (Past Director, Past Board Chair)
Presentations and Publications
· Not All is Fair (Use) | Presenter | 15th Annual Rocky Mountain IP & Technology Law Institute | Denver, CO | June 1-2, 2017
· Advising Entrepreneurs| Lecturer | Colorado Bar Association | Denver, CO | March 2016.
· Business Fundamentals for Artists: Contracts|Lecturer | University N. Colorado | Greeley, CO | April 2015
· Being An Artist Doesn’t Mean Starving: A Primer on the Business of Art|Lecturer | University of Denver | Denver, CO | October 2014
· Under the Bridge: The Anatomy of Copyright Trolling Lawsuits| Presenter | Colorado Bar Association | Denver, CO | June 2014
· Predatory Copyright Enforcement: Copyright Clause Misuse or View Beware? | Presenter | 12th Annual Rocky Mountain Intellectual Property and Tech Institute | Denver, CO | May 29-30, 2014
· Mentoring Done Right| Panel Member | CO IP American Inn of Court | Denver, CO | February 2014
· Intellectual Property Law Society Copyright Panel | Panel Member | University of Denver | Denver, CO | November 2013
· Being An Artist Doesn’t Mean Starving: The Business of Art | Presenter | University of Denver | Denver, CO | October 17, 2013
· ZAPP® Symposium — Imitation vs. Inspiration: Appropriation, Credit and Copyright in the Digital Age|Panel Member | Louisville, Kentucky | October 2013.
· Contracting for Artists| Workshop Presenter | Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design | Denver, CO | March 6, 2013
· Being An Artist Doesn’t Mean Starving: The Business of Art| Presenter | University of Denver | Denver, CO | October 18, 2012
· Pirates, Trolls and Pornography: A Look at the Procedure, Substance, and Ethics of Mass BitTorrent Protocol Lawsuits| Presenter | CO Bar Association | Denver, CO | October 4, 2012
· The Colorado Lawyer, Incidental and Intentional Uses of Trademarks and Service Marks in Artwork | September 2012, Vol. 41. No. 9, Page 51
· Growing Your Creative Business: Nuts and Bolts of IP| Lecture | The Space Creators - Community Event | Denver, CO | August 1, 2012
1616 17th Street | Suite 564
Denver, CO 80202